Computer Help Forum

Go Back   vBulletin and Computer Help Forum > Computer Support > Video Gaming and Gadgets Discussion

Video Gaming and Gadgets Discussion Got the latest game or gadget? Share your discoveries here.

Old 03-12-2012   #1
Greg
Administrator

LG Prime Touch Screen Not Working

I have a LG Prime cellphone and the touch screen on it froze. At first the touch screen was acting strange where if you touched it, the touch was sensed only on the far right of the screen no matter where you touched it.

I did a search and it seemed like others with the LG Prime having similar touch screen problems said they were just out of luck.

But one post said something about air in the touch screen.

So, I fired up the blow dryer and let it heat up the touch screen for 5 or 10 minutes and it started working again.

Don't try this at home, it could be dangerous, it could damage you phone more.

Good luck.
Old 03-28-2012   #2
Greg
Administrator

This was a temporary fix if it was a fix at all. The screen stopped working completely. We are at 6 months ownership. At&t helped us get an RMA number to send it to LG for repair. The At&t person didn't give us the RMA number, they called LG and then LG got on the line and gave us the RMA number. I really think that if we had hung up and dialed LG ourselves, we might not have been so lucky. So, if you get this far, let At&t connect you to LG.
Old 03-28-2012   #3
bigH2O
Acceptably Annoying

Good grief. You couldn't get them to fast RMA another phone to you so you wouldn't disrupt your phone service? I would have demanded them send me another phone and activate it before I sent the old one back. Are you going to have to go days or weeks without your phone while they repair it?
Old 03-28-2012   #4
Greg
Administrator

Well, I went out of contract yesterday and the phone broke one text after I down graded my plan. I'm not feeling the love for coincidence to be honest.

I don't have a phone fetish, it's just a tool. I will pick up a 10$ gophone to put my SIMM in for now.

I have an iPhone 4 I can activate on Verizon. But I just can't see paying for data when I can turn that off and use WiFi only, so I won't activate it. Everything it does my laptop does better. I don't need a hand held computer with microscopic letters on the screen.
Old 03-28-2012   #5
bigH2O
Acceptably Annoying

God I couldn't live without my cellphone. It's my lifeline. I'm on the road so much that half the time either my shop phone or my home phone or both are forwarded to it. I run a Motorola Droid X (Android OS) which has hundreds of apps available for it, of which I run many. I blew a brain fuse when the lock on the spring clip that locks the clip open into a kickstand popped off of my OtterBox Case.
Old 03-28-2012   #6
Greg
Administrator

I will probably cave in and activate it. But I think the whole data thing is a scam. I am missing my phone though for some reason.
Old 03-28-2012   #7
bigH2O
Acceptably Annoying

It's funny, it wasn't until about 1986 that I got a cell phone. Now I can't live without it. I went all the way through college without a cell phone and without a computer. Can you imagine a kid doing that today?

But the data service is actually very handy. My phone works as a wireless hot spot, so as long as I can get a cell signal I can activate it, link it to my notebook and work no matter where I am. I hate to drive, and the wife gets bored just riding, so she usually drives on long trips. I've gone all the way from North Georgia to Pinnelas Park surfing the web on the notebook without a single problem using the phone as a wireless hot spot.
Old 03-28-2012   #8
Greg
Administrator

That could come in handy for me in the future if the data rates don't keep going up. It's hard to understand FFS.
Old 03-28-2012   #9
bigH2O
Acceptably Annoying

Check with Verizon. I don't know about your area, but I get 800 voice minutes, 400 text messages, and 4GB/month of data for around $50.00 on a shared family plan with two phones. I never use it all up. The wife can't even figure out how to set up her voice mail, much less how to connect her phone to the internet. I can't use 4GB of data surfing the web no matter how hard I try. I probably could if I started trying to download huge files, but on a trip from here to central Florida and back, a solid 16 hour round trip, I'll probably only use 1GB if that much using my phone as a hot spot and just surfing.
Old 03-28-2012   #10
bigH2O
Acceptably Annoying

It really comes in handy at my mother in law's house too. She's like 85 years old and has never even touched a computer, much less gotten internet access. When we visit her, I used to go war driving around the area and find an unsecured router, or drive to Starbucks just to check my email. Now, I just enable the wifi on the phone and handle all that stuff right in her living room. My Lenovo notebook and that phone link seamlessly. No cords... just strict wireless N and then to the cell tower. It's a bundle of joy. The only time a cord gets involved is when I need to charge either the phone or the notebook.