Computer Help Forum

Go Back   vBulletin and Computer Help Forum > LCS Software and Professional Support > EZ NewsLetter for vBulletin Support

EZ NewsLetter for vBulletin Support Sales and support for the EZ NewsLetter for vBulletin email add on. Send multiple html and text part emails via SMTP direct.

Old 11-24-2008   #1
Greg
Administrator

EZ NewsLetter for vBulletin Screen Shots

Here are the screen shots of the EZ NewsLetter.

Here is a default sample HTML EZ NewsLetter email with some extra information in the message body about using userinfo variables in your EZ NewsLetters.

Thanks for taking a look.
Old 11-24-2008   #2
Big Dan

Send a message via AIM to Big Dan Send a message via MSN to Big Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Big Dan
Thanks for the screenshots, they look impressive!

I just installed GAZ yesterday because I needed to start sending out newsletters for my advertisers anyhow one thing I liked about is the top of the email duplicates the navbar. Is that going to be an option with your hack via templating?
Old 11-24-2008   #3
Greg
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay Dan View Post
Thanks for the screenshots, they look impressive!

I just installed GAZ yesterday because I needed to start sending out newsletters for my advertisers anyhow one thing I liked about is the top of the email duplicates the navbar. Is that going to be an option with your hack via templating?
You can have anything you want in a template. Conditionals will parse and variables will parse. We made our own template system for the acp. The API in vBulletin is great.

I just made a test email with side by side divs in the message. It came out nice.

May I send you a test message once?

I really am done and need to get this on a few sites. I sent a test email from y other site and the response was real good.
Old 11-24-2008   #4
Big Dan

Send a message via AIM to Big Dan Send a message via MSN to Big Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Big Dan
Sure thing I added myself to the testers UG.
Old 11-28-2008   #5
Greg
Administrator

I have not included the test group yet. While I was phrasing yesterday I sent too many emails out. I kept it to just me.

In any event, I just got a GAZ email. I see too many issues with format and variables not displaying and the text email is pretty much a mess. It also seems to default to UTF-8 too. That could create language issues. We want to transcend those limits. That's the point of the entire exercise, make a working emailer for everyone.

The navbar is cool. That's very easy to mock up. The side bar is horrible IMO. But again, that's why I'm doing this, we all have opinions.

I'm really a stickler about such things and it's taken an extra week, but we won't accept any issues with rendering or language compatibility.

EDIT: After a closer look at the GAZ email, there is no text part. The email client tried it's best. There absolutely should be a text part in an email. The email should also be mime compliant.

The consequence is unreadable mail and unnecessary flags in there headers. Getting the mail through is an important job. There is more to it then shipping off some html.

But of course I have never seen the program, for all I know the sender messed it up. Seeing two and 3 different emails addresses in the from, reply to and sent from headers is a bad practice too. All the return emails should be from the sending domain or SPF2 records should be in place.

The exercise is not in sending email, it is in getting the email through to the intended recipient, getting it noticed as well as read, and not getting flagged.

Last edited by Greg; 11-28-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008   #6
Ohiosweetheart

I'd like to be added to the testers usergroup if you're still doing this. Or just sent a test message, whatever it is you're doing.
Old 12-04-2008   #7
Greg
Administrator

The test email group is an opt in group. http://www.cpurigs.com/forums/profil...editusergroups

I have not sent any since we got EZ NewsLetter Stable at version 1.0.6. I was working on another javascript project.