Computer Help Forum

Go Back   vBulletin and Computer Help Forum > LCS Software and Professional Support > vBPicGallery the vBulletin Photo Gallery

vBPicGallery the vBulletin Photo Gallery Sales and support for the vBulletin photo gallery add on vBPicGallery. Give your members as many photo galleries as you like with as many photos as you like.

Old 11-11-2008   #1
bigH2O
Acceptably Annoying

Converting PhotoPost to vBPicGallery

Is there any plans for an impex type tool to do this? I would really like to convert a site over to vBPG, but doing it by hand would be practically impossible... we're talking thousands of images and hundreds of galleries.
Old 11-11-2008   #2
Greg
Administrator

I've never been asked to so that and I've never seen the photopost database or code. I'd be at a loss for suggestions at this time.

However, it's data and it could be done for sure. If I did it, all I'd look at is the tables and run queries to build the vBPicGallery tables based on the returns.
Old 11-12-2008   #3
LWillmann

noppid, I have access to a photopost database with a small amount of data, if you need it. It doesn't have (at last check anyway) thousands of pictures. And I can create a test account on the site for you to play with if you like.

That is, if it's inconvenient for the other person.
LWillmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008   #4
Greg
Administrator

I would be interested in that. I'm sure Ron would be as well. But it just mean more work for me!
Old 11-12-2008   #5
LWillmann

Well, I'm pretty good with PHP/Mysql and vB... Built a few mods and such... I did the Timeslip and Wheel Fitment deals on the CHO site you saw in my help thread. If there's anything I could do, I'd be happy to help... I'll export the PPP tables for you.
Old 11-12-2008   #6
LWillmann

Emailing the file to you now.
Old 11-12-2008   #7
bigH2O
Acceptably Annoying

Well, bottom line is that if I'm gonna upgrade this fellow's vBulletin he's gonna have to buy PhotoPost again, as he let his license expire. It's currently on sale for $89.00, so if I could get him vBPG for that I might be able to convince him to switch.

I don't know though, he's also running ReviewPost which is made by the same people and has the same look and feel.

If you want to see what he's got, the gallery is at http://www.airbrushtech.info/AIRBRUSH/gallery/index.php

And the reviews section is at http://www.airbrushtech.info/AIRBRUSH/reviews/index.php
Old 11-12-2008   #8
LWillmann

I thought that renewals were cheaper than having to buy a whole new license? Not that I want to take money away from noppid or anything, but the same site I exported the database from is due for a forum upgrade as well, so he's in the same boat as your fellow is in that respect.
Old 11-12-2008   #9
bigH2O
Acceptably Annoying

I'm not sure how renewals work at photopost. I know with vBull you have a limited time to renew or you have to pay full price. When I log into his account, it tells me that his PhotoPost (owned) licence access expired on 10/7/07, and when I click on Renew it gives me the price of $129 currently on sale for $89. I don't know if the $89 is a special price for renewal, or if they're offerring that to everybody right now.

I never upgraded his photopost installation, as the old version always worked through the few upgrades I did for him (through 3.6.8), but now he wants to bring it to 3.7 and that version of photopost isn't going to work with it.
Old 11-12-2008   #10
LWillmann

Look further down the page, you'll see a link that says Renew Members area access. It's right below the Branding Free option.

It's only $39. When one of my sites PhotoPost Classifieds download access expired, I did that and was able to download the latest version. That should be all you have to do.

Tags
mysql, photopost, php, vbpicgallery, vbulletin