Computer Help Forum

Go Back   vBulletin and Computer Help Forum > Site News and Things > FREEBS PHP Amazon Book Store Support

FREEBS PHP Amazon Book Store Support This forum is for downloads and support of the FREEBS Free Amazon Book Store software. FREEBS is a php based book shop that creates content pages for your website that may get listed in the search engines and helps you profit from Amazon book sales.

Old 04-14-2005   #1
Capn

Got an error...

Got this back after I ran the p3.php. Any ideas? I'd be happy to give feedback and provide a link once running.

Thursday 14th of April 2005 03:43:13 PM

FREEBS - Free Book Store DateBase update tool.
Copyright 2005 noppid @ lakecs.com www.lakecs.com
Product info at FREEBS - Free Book Store Support

Contacting Amazon for 2499 results in one call from 31819 reported search results for Dogs.

Be patient and just wait.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 52428800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 48 bytes) in /home/.garby/sanfordrosser/northatlanta-homes.com/dogbooks/includes/nusoap.php on line 5373
Old 04-14-2005   #2
Greg
Administrator

You pulled 52 megabytes of data and made the server mad. Set...

// items to pull. Set to zero for all. MAX is 999999.
$ItemsToGet = 1000;

In config.php and try about a half the records and see how ya do.
Old 04-14-2005   #3
Capn

Worked like a champ! Thanks. I'll report back any issues or suggestions later.

One last question... How do I ad Digitalpoint Co-op ads to every page?
Old 04-14-2005   #4
mnemtsas

Put the adnetwork code in your footer.html file in the templates sub directory.
Old 04-14-2005   #5
Capn

This is going to sound dumb, but I don't know what code to add to the footer file.
Old 04-14-2005   #6
mnemtsas

No worries. Well the exact php code depends on the settings you pull down from the DP ad network setup page, but here's my code:

Code:
<?php
	ini_set ("include_path", ini_get ("include_path") . ':../:../../:../../../:../../../../');
	include ('../ad_network.php');
	echo $ad_network;
?>

Yours may be different depending on the location of your ad_network.php file.

Read the DP setup notes for better help than I can give you.
Old 04-14-2005   #7
Zero Tolerance

not to hijack this thread...but really the original posters question was answered....so I will ask anyway...LOL

I posted a few days ago as to "Why?" is it against the TOS to have the ads generated on your site by DP to "open in a new window"?

Only a couple of people replied in the thread and none answered the question....just said it was against the TOS.

I dont see personally why you cant code the ads to open in a new window so people on your own site dont get lost away from your site.

I stated in my question...that it really didnt matter to members of my site. But for people that surf onto my site...and wanna check out Coop ads...they could be taken away not remembering my site name or address...thus losing a possible member.

Any DP members "in the know" care to shed light on this?

thanks!

As I was walking up the stairs
I met a man who wasnt there
He wasnt there again today
I wish...I wish he'd go away!

ATV Forums ~ 250R ~ Banshee ~ Utility Class ~ Sport Quads
Free Internet Radio ~ Independent Music & Artists ~ Become an online radio Dj
Old 04-14-2005   #8
mnemtsas

Dunno, weird. If its against the TOS then dont do it. As to why, well Shawn seems pretty unwilling to explain anything he does so your guess is as good as mine.
Old 04-14-2005   #9
Zero Tolerance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemtsas
Dunno, weird. If its against the TOS then dont do it. As to why, well Shawn seems pretty unwilling to explain anything he does so your guess is as good as mine.
Well I'm not gonna change the code. I have only been running the Coop ads on one of my sites for a lil over a week. So far I havent gotten any members from it.

I will give it a month or 6 weeks and see how it fares....and if not it wont matter why its against the TOS. I'll just remove it and use the space for something that works(for me anyway)

In the meantime of posting there and now here...I have been trying to "assume" why there would be no allowance of opening the ads in a new window. The only thing I can come up with is that would be "almost" considered a popup. However that assumption really doesnt make sense because if YOU click on a link..you should expect to get a popup or taken to another page.

Anywho...thanks for the response

As I was walking up the stairs
I met a man who wasnt there
He wasnt there again today
I wish...I wish he'd go away!

ATV Forums ~ 250R ~ Banshee ~ Utility Class ~ Sport Quads
Free Internet Radio ~ Independent Music & Artists ~ Become an online radio Dj
Old 04-14-2005   #10
Greg
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn
Got this back after I ran the p3.php. Any ideas? I'd be happy to give feedback and provide a link once running.

Thursday 14th of April 2005 03:43:13 PM

FREEBS - Free Book Store DateBase update tool.
Copyright 2005 noppid @ lakecs.com www.lakecs.com
Product info at FREEBS - Free Book Store Support

Contacting Amazon for 2499 results in one call from 31819 reported search results for Dogs.

Be patient and just wait.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 52428800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 48 bytes) in /home/.garby/sanfordrosser/northatlanta-homes.com/dogbooks/includes/nusoap.php on line 5373

OK, I modifided the amazon class so we can pass it page numbers to start from. For instance, you can't pull 2500 results, but 1000 seems to work. That's the first 100 pages in the search. So now when that is done, you can run p3.php again and set the start page at 101 and get another 1000 search results.

I'll post it soon in 1.05.

Upgrades are easy, php file replacements only.