Join Date: Feb 2003
Carp RSS 3.5.6 Released
CaRP Koi 3.5.6 contains the following changes:
1) A new function was added: CarpGroupFilter. It does the same thing as CarpCacheFilter, except that it processes multiple feeds at once, and you can specify the maximum number of feeds to refresh at once to increase the perceived speed of your website. In the past, aggregating many feeds required setting up a cron job to keep them up-to-date without periodically causing a slow page load for one website visitor when the feeds were refreshed. Using this function, you can guarantee that each site visitor only has to wait for a few of the feeds to be updated, which usually happens fast enough that it isn't noticeable.
2) Added a new option, maxgroupfilter, to specify that maximum number of feeds that will be re-fetched from their source during a single call to CarpGroupFilter.
3) The default for the "fixentities" option was changed from 1 to 0. Therefore, by default, CaRP no longer attempts to fix certain types of broken RSS feeds. The reason for this change is that this setting could cause incorrect display of some valid feeds, and valid feeds are becoming more common than they used to be.
4) The default for the "encodingin" option was changed from nothing to "UTF-8". With the old empty setting, the default was effectively "ISO-8859-1". This change was made because ISO-8859-1 is a strict subset of UTF-8, so processing as UTF-8 should not cause any problems, but processing a UTF-8 feed as ISO-8859-1 could result in XML errors. If the feed specifies its encoding in the XML prologue, which many if not most do, that value overrides this setting.
5) Handling of HTML tag stripping was updated to fix a bug that occurred when attempting to remove all HTML tags.
Thank you for using CaRP.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Using Carp RSS for News Feed Content||Greg||Website Development||22||05-01-2008 08:27 PM|
|New AJAX Product for CARP RSS||Greg||Website Development||22||03-16-2007 08:03 AM|
|Need help with rss on my site!||cyberslick||Website Administration||4||07-16-2005 11:31 AM|