Computer Help Forum

Go Back   vBulletin and Computer Help Forum > Computer Support > Computer Viruses and Spyware

Computer Viruses and Spyware Solutions and help preventing and curing virus and spyware issues.

Old 11-21-2006   #11
Zero Tolerance

Whats an anti-virus?

As I was walking up the stairs
I met a man who wasnt there
He wasnt there again today
I wish...I wish he'd go away!

ATV Forums ~ 250R ~ Banshee ~ Utility Class ~ Sport Quads
Free Internet Radio ~ Independent Music & Artists ~ Become an online radio Dj
Zero Tolerance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #12
chick

ok I can't get rid of it. I think its a browser hijacker. I ran 'hijack this' and checked the logs, deleted the red logs and it came back... had to back up by 5 days now,and it did it again. I am not too happy. Any good hijacker fixes out there?
chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #13
chick

oh they are suppose to answer their support tickets, I sent a 2nd one demanding my money back.. no answer. I will call visa tomorrow and will blast them if i have to buy boxedartsucks.com to do it.
Old 11-22-2006   #14
AnthonyCea

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick View Post
ok I can't get rid of it. I think its a browser hijacker. I ran 'hijack this' and checked the logs, deleted the red logs and it came back... had to back up by 5 days now,and it did it again. I am not too happy. Any good hijacker fixes out there?

Yeah, go to this page and download Adaware FREE from the link there and run that, it gets most every Browser Hijack there is!

Run a full system scan with Adaware!

Then download SpyBot and run that too, I use both of those all the time in addition to Spyware Blaster which is like an AV and keeps malware from loading in the first place, these programs all work with NOD32 fine and there are no conflicts, you can use all of them!
AnthonyCea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #15
Zero Tolerance

Spybot Search & Destroy is a good one too. Alot of people use them both together.

As I was walking up the stairs
I met a man who wasnt there
He wasnt there again today
I wish...I wish he'd go away!

ATV Forums ~ 250R ~ Banshee ~ Utility Class ~ Sport Quads
Free Internet Radio ~ Independent Music & Artists ~ Become an online radio Dj
Zero Tolerance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #16
chick

I used Spy bot S&D... it came back.... I ran AVG found nothing.... I ran hijack this, found 1 item, got rid of it..... it came back.

Did Adaware... all seems well so far.... we'll see
Old 11-22-2006   #17
chick

OK.... its still there hijacking my browser... I ran full scan adaware twice, and found 30 critical objects, quarantined them... and this cnd download thing is still hijacking me.

The only way I can get to any url is to reboot.

NOW WHAT? HELP.
Old 11-22-2006   #18
AnthonyCea

Adaware will tell you if it is a browser hijack, you can delete (remove them) the items once found, you don't have to quarantine them, you can delete them from quarantine.

Did you get the 30 day free trial of NOD32 and run scan and clean yet ??

If none of this stuff solves your problem, this malware may have ruined your OS, you will have to back up everything (your files) and do a reformat and restore your OS fresh again.

Before you do that run all the scans you can and see if you can't download IE over again, Microsoft just did an automatic update of IE last night on my system, now I am using IE7, so a new browser download may solve your problem, do that before a reformat of your OS.
AnthonyCea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006   #19
bufordt

What is the item that comes back..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick View Post
I used Spy bot S&D... it came back.... I ran AVG found nothing.... I ran hijack this, found 1 item, got rid of it..... it came back.
Did Adaware... all seems well so far.... we'll see
What is the item that comes back?? Post the name of it exactly as it appears in your scan. Make sure that you have the latest updates for SpyBot, and Adaware, and then rescan your system.

On a side note, as far as free virus scanners go, you get what you pay for. No one virus scanner will detect everything. If you suspect a virus or trojan as the culprit, most commercial virus programs will allow you to download some type of scanner from their site for emergency use. There are some very good free virus scanners out there but their updates lag days and sometimes weeks behind the paid ones. Is $25 - $40 dollars per year too much to pay for peace of mind??
bufordt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006   #20
chick

In all fairness I have to update this..... it turns out this is some kind of wifi issue and comcast has nothing to do with it, so it's not my cable hookup and apparently not boxedart.

Boxedart finally sent me an email, profusely denying it could IN NO WAY have come from any of their files as they are highly guarded on a secure server.

I am not impressed with their template's anyway and they WILL NOT credit me after only 1 day of being a member so if anyone wants my login info for there, just PM me. I have a 3 month membership with 3 months left.

I have no interest in any of their products.

This only happens to my laptop, when I am on WIFI.